How To Know Your Friends a Birth, Newborn, or a Child Photographer
I read a blog about "13 Things Your Should Know About Being Married to a Wedding Photographer". The things said were surprisingly right on point! I specialize in Maternity, Birth, Newborn and Family portraits. Here's a list compiled with ways you know your Best Friend is either a Birth, Newborn, or Child Portrait Photographer.
25 Fun Things That Will Prove to You That Your Best Friend (or Spouse) is a Maternity, Birth, Newborn, and Family Portrait Photographer!
1. Your friends "daily" wardrobe" consists of yoga pants, converse and tank tops.
2. Your friends laundry room is stacked with backdrops and blankets that are covered in newborn "mess".
3. When you go shopping, your friend picks up everything she can fit a baby into. No basket is left upturn!
4. That super cute knitted sweater and scarf you got her for Christmas? It will most likely be turned into an even cuter DIY Knit Cap and Legging Set.
5. She really digs random fuzzy blankets and random large baskets, they make amazing gifts.
6. That wood bowl is a newborn prop, it's NOT a decoration please do not touch it.
7. The really "cool" camera that is pretty much glued to her hip, do NOT touch it. Not even when you are kidding.
8. If you see your friend pacing back and forth in front of the mailbox, trust me she's expecting a new prop! When it doesn't come, be supportive. When it does come, be excited for her!
9. And if you think you are impressed that she hasn’t gotten anything in the mail in a while, better check her friend’s houses.
10. Your friend will constantly be doing laundry, if you can't figure why, see #2.
11. And please, never ever try and wash her newborn props in the washing machine.
12. Your friend will try and convince you that she knows how to knit and make props herself.
13. Your friends backyard has been turned into an "out door studio", complete with a DIY Lemonade Stand.
14. Your friend will use words like; squishy babies, froggy pose, taco pose and flokati’s. Which you clearly have no idea what those are but you will hear about them often. Pretend to be excited.
15. You are completely accepting of the fact that your friend gets pooped on at work and may sometimes not even realize it's on her when she meets you for coffee.
16. Perk, your friend if given enough notice will always be there for all of your photography needs.
17. When you hang out at your friends house before or after a newborn session, it maybe about 90 degrees in her home.
18. I promise your friend really does want to know about how your day went, it's just that .... Did you SEE the adorable newborn that she photographed today! Hurry up and check Facebook and be sure to like it!
19. Your friend will be up at all hours of the night, going to bed at 3am isn't abnormal.
20. Don't judge her when she's sitting at her computer in pajamas or yoga pants it's part of the job. She can multitask, yes being on Facebook and editing at the same time can happen and clearly does.
21. Your friend is made up of 80% coffee, 10% baby pee, and 10% sleep.
22. Don’t be alarmed if she's shopping for baby blankets, booties, and bonnets. It's a part of the job, no she's NOT pregnant. Don't even ask!
23. What ever you do, do NOT ask her “How much did that cost?” in front of her spouse.
24. Your friend will have issues with her back and complain about knee pain on a regular bases. A gift certificate for a massage would make an amazing gift if you don't want to add to her addicting prop collection.
25. If you really want to take your friend out on the town, take her antique shopping!
I hope you enjoyed this awesome list. If you like it, share it! Have something to add to the list? Comment below!
Be sure to check me out on Facebook, I love my fans!
Newborn Photographer, Birth Photographer, Oceanside Newborn Photography, Oceanside Newborn Photographer, Oceanside Birth Photographer, Oceanside Birth Photography, Children Photographer
Heather J. Potter